Insurance cover is provided through your PSSap membership. It can protect your lifestyle and provide for your family in the event of your illness, injury or death.
Cover available through PSSap:
- Death and total and permanent disability (TPD)
- Income protection.
You automatically receive basic death and total and permanent disability (TPD) and income protection cover from the date you start your new job* if you:
- are under 65 years of age and
- join PSSap within 120 days of starting your new job and are permanent and non-ongoing with a contract term of at least three months working more than 15 hours per week.
If you are over 65 (but under 70) years of age, you can apply for death and TPD cover and be underwritten by AIA Australia which then decides if to accept your application for cover (see AIA Personal Statement [PDF: 235 KB]).
* If you are not 'at work' on the date you start your job, you receive 'new events cover' until you are continuously 'at work' for three consecutive months, then full cover will apply.
You can change your level of income protection, vary the waiting period or opt out altogether. Income protection cover is not available if you are:
- over 65 years of age
- do not work more than 15 hours per week
- neither a permanent employee or non-ongoing employee with a contract of more than three months.
Read your PSSap Product Disclosure Statement for more about insurance cover.